Norouz, also known as the Persian New Year, is a traditional holiday that is celebrated in many countries such as Iran, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, and Tajikistan, as well as some other parts of Central Asia and the Caucasus. Norouz usually falls on the first day of spring, which is around March 21st.
Haftseen is a traditional table setting that is prepared for Norouz. Haftseen literally means "Seven S's" in Persian, as the table includes seven items that start with the Persian letter "sin" (س). These items usually include:
- Sabzeh (sprouts): representing rebirth and growth
- Samanu (sweet pudding): representing fertility and the sweetness of life
- Senjed (dried fruit of the lotus tree): representing love
- Sir (garlic): representing health
- Sib (apple): representing beauty and health
- Somagh (sumac): representing the color of sunrise and the victory of light over darkness
- Serkeh (vinegar): representing age and patience
In addition to the seven items, the haftseen table may also include other items such as a mirror, candles, coins, and a book of poetry. Each item on the haftseen table has a symbolic meaning and represents a wish for the new year.
Finding the Gift for Every Occasion at CraftiHouse.comFinding the Perfect Gift for Every Occasion at CraftiHouse.comAre you looking for the per …
UAE gifts and souvenirs , Personalized gifts for VIPsUAE gifts and souvenirsAs the UAE continues to grow as a popular tourist destination and business hu …
"Unwrap the Charm of Local Culture: Exploring Unique Gifts"Unwrap the Charm of Local Culture: Exploring Unique Gifts, Souvenirs, and Handicrafts at Our Gift a …